........AND THERE WAS LIGHT

Twas a typical day, with everyone going about their normal duty, folks chatting each other up, business transactions here and there and others minding their own business, all were basking in the euphoria of a brand new day. It was all normal and typical until suddenly went down the sun, change in weather and series of atmospheric metamorphosis till it became so dark, the darkness also started metamorphosing from faint darkness—thick darkness—gross darkness.

The strange thing was that we‘re still in the morn, the stranger thing was that twas so dark while the strangest thing was how real and thick the darkness was!!!Nothing was visible (guess the eye can tell us more on why it suddenly relinquished its duties).Everything was audible, thanks to the sudden silence which was frantically trying to equate itself with the darkness’ intensity……that you can even a hear a feather drop.

Heaven help those who help themselves, I think to myself as I stumble and fell while trying to help myself** but they said everyone has an inner eye used in seeing during darkness, guess mine was still hibernating**.Wisdom is profitable to direct, I thought to myself as I stood still where I was to prevent further stumbling and wait for the miraculous to happen. You can feel the hopelessness and despair that engulf our heart. Whether help comes or not, its up to providence.

It dawn on me that all we were doing previously, various transactions, pursuit of fulfillment, the up and down gallivanting and different exuberances were all hinged on one fact, “there was light to see”. What others were doing was “untellable”, no thanks to the pin drop silence and heavy weighted darkness.
.
.
Then out of nowhere came something intriguing, I saw a light coming in my direction, I rubbed my eyes a few times to ascertain its reality and to jolt myself back to reality should in case I was hallucinating, But alas it was real!!!Suddenly fear fizzled, hope hopped as my being was reinvigorated as my “friend” helped in lighting my candle.

First, I was able to see
As darkness was dispersed
Had I moved an inch previously
My leg would have kissed a nail,
that was viciously lurking around
Fellow engrossed fellows
Brought their candles to be lighted
The more the shining,
The swifter darkness’s heels
All we needed was light
And light we got

Please can you lend me your light to combat the darkness at my home, a visibly disturbed fellow politely asked me
The candle is mine but the light is for all, bring your candle and go light your home, I replied

Are you gonna lit or hide your candle?
Are you gonna shine or hide your light?
You decide!!!

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid……Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father which is in heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't you care?

The real cost

THE POWER OF ENCOURAGEMENT