Your Future

                YOUR FUTURE IS IN YOUR HANDS
       A brilliant and godly young man I know was asked a question during his sending off ceremony in an organization, the question was that “what would he have corrected if he is able to roll back the hands of time” and the answer he gave was that he would have chosen to have another father…wow…so shocking and thought provoking. So you mean of all the mistakes, erroneous guesses, choices and the “what if’s” he had committed in his two dozen plus years he has lived. T’was the “error” of having a “bad” father he would have loved to correct.
But come to think of it, was it his undoing that made him had a bad father? Whose fault? That is one of the most bitter pill or better still bitter-sweet pill to swallow in our world. Some things are just of our control.
     Okay now, let’s take for example, if the almighty gave me a choice prior to my birth, I would have chosen to be born probably in the united states or one of the developed countries around and my parent should be the richest or even the president of the united states or just tell the almighty God that I want to be born to the happiest family on earth……wow…But would it have changed the fact  that everything I hoped and longed to be even with that my “perfect” or “imperfect” family still lies in my hand, that my character and personality or better still my person does not have to be a reflection of what goes on in my family **conflicts**.How do we explain a child who had a godly upbringing but ends up as a hardened criminal or the child who had a “faulty” upbringing ending up as a tool so mightily used by God.
      Of a truth, our upbringing has a lot to do about us but in the broader perspective, our choices are what defines how our life is going to turn out, and the cruel-funny thing is that you have no excuse whatsoever .So both the man in the corner of a room trying and struggling to etch a living and the son of the queen of England takes the blame and praise for what their future turns out to be. What a life……..
     The almighty God has a reason for putting you in that family or the “unpalatable” situation that were out of your hand. Who knows maybe if I choose to be born in the united states I would have been a victim of 9/11…who knows.. who knows.. who knows…and it goes on and on like that. And I noticed that no matter what, how, where we were born, there is still something we cherish about it.(you will be the judge)
      You are a determining factor of how your life turns out to be, not your friends, family, foes, country,  experience or what have you…….
      Unimaginably, you  still have a choice if you want     God to be the determining factor in your life. Imagine how much of a choice is in your hands to make……………..
Let me close with excerpt from Kenneth ulmer’s  sermon
“A basketball in my hands is worth about $19.
A basketball in Michael Jordan’s hands is worth about $33 million.It depends whose hands it’s in.

A baseball in my hands is worth about $6.
A baseball in Mark McGuire’s hands is worth $19 million.
It depends whose hands it’s in.
A tennis racket is useless in my hands.

A tennis racket in Pete Sampras’ hands is a Wimbledon Championship.
It depends whose hands it’s in.

A rod in my hands will keep away a wild animal.
A rod in Moses’ hands will part the mighty sea.
It depends whose hands it’s in.

A sling shot in my hands is a kid’s toy.
A sling shot in David’s hand is a mighty weapon.
It depends whose hands it’s in.

Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in my hands is a couple of fish sandwiches.
Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in God’s hands will feed thousands.
It depends whose hands it’s in.

Nails in my hands might produce a birdhouse.
Nails in Jesus Christ’s hands will produce Salvation for the entire world.
It depends whose hands it’s in.

As you see now, it depends whose hands it’s in. So put your concerns, your worries, your fears, your hopes, your dreams, your families and your relationships in God’s hands because it depends whose hands it’s in.
#agentofchange#

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't you care?

The real cost

THE POWER OF ENCOURAGEMENT