GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY

I gazed at the summit
And saw something brilliantly shining and dazzling
That must be golden opportunity, I thought to myself
So I decided I am gonna get it
No matter what it cost

Some miles into my journey
I saw a faint light beckon to me
This must be “wooden” opportunity, I thought
I have my own target, I say
As I left it squirming and continue my race

This golden opportunity I must not miss
Its adoring splendor leaves one to marvel
As I pass another “inferior” opportunity
This must be “bronze” I said to myself
But my aim is the golden one

Some miles from this glorious summit
Another opportunity beckoned on me
But I was too engross to notice it
I am nearer to my goal I thought
Golden! Golden!! Golden!!! All the way

My shock knew no bounds
When all there is,  was just a light
And golden opportunity was just mirage
After all my toils and labor
And the shunning of other “inferior” opportunities

The custodian of the summit told me
To present my opportunity for the light to shine on
So as to make it golden
Here I was empty handed
With no opportunity to present
So it’s actually the light that makes it golden
As I regretfully discover

I thought about different opportunities
I came across while running
The so called wooden, bronze and brass
I went looking for them
Alas they were nowhere to be found
How I wish I can just find one
And I will treat it as if it were golden

The only thing owed men by life are opportunities
Opportunities to love ad be loved
Opportunities to forgive and be forgiven
Opportunities to dust up ourselves and try again
And the opportunity to live the true life
The very life of Christ
We only have ourselves to blame
For our reaction towards them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't you care?

The real cost

THE POWER OF ENCOURAGEMENT